If there ever was a reason to get a Berkey water filter for your water supply, due to the questionable form of quality which it is sent to you from the sources through municipalities and even wells affected by ground water contamination this is it.
Paradise water officials hope to expand the town’s water supply by recycling water used during treatment.”When we are treating water we use some of it to flush clarifiers and we backwash filters with some of it,” said Paradise Irrigation District manager George Barber.
Instead of sending that water – called process water – to customers, Barber said, it is pumped to a pond where dirt is allowed to fall to the bottom of the pond. One the dirt has “settled out,” the water is put back into Magalia Reservoir. During treatment, the chemicals aluminum and dichlorobromomethane are used for flocculation and coagulation – getting dirt particles to stick together so they can be filtered out of the water.
However, said Barber, the state is unhappy with the amount of chemicals still left in the settled water that is put back into the reservoir. The state gave PID a five-year waiver, allowing the district to continue to operate without being fined. But, said Barber, the district has to come up with a better way to use that water within the next five years.
That leaves the district with two options, one of which is recycling the treatment water – putting that water back in the treatment plant so it can be used as drinking water. The other option is to refine the district’s treatment process altogether.
“Neither option is inexpensive,” he said. “We have a consultant on board who is helping to design a way to use that processed water in our plant again safely and not return it to Magalia reservoir.”
Not only is this a challenge to ones health, this water can smell and taste awful. Millions of people are no longer drinking water as nature intended it, and in the majority of cases people are walking around dehydrated.
What if water really tasted pure, was free of chemicals and pathogens and actually gave back to your body?
This has led to the need for water purifier systems for the home. Either full home units, counter top or floor model systems. There is reverse osmosis, home water distillers, filters for the faucets, and of course, water bottles from the grocery store.
I personally have had a water distiller for many years. It was nice, until the motor burned out, and I was not happy with it removing all the minerals out of the water. This left it in an acidic state where I constantly found myself having to balance the pH.
Then there are the water alkalinizers. These are fast, (often expensive) and one thing stands out…we are not intended to consume overly alkaline water, are we? In fact I have seen many cases where people have experimented by turning up the alkalinity (thinking if a little is good, a lot must be better) to make them extremely ill.
The convenient faucet filters do take some of the toxins out, although the job is not complete and if you have ever put them side by side with a clean, pure, mineral rich and ph appropriate water source, you taste the difference.
And then there is bottled water. First flag that rises is, “is the water really purified, and how much?” We have seen these companies lie to us in the past.
Then you have the reality of dangerous chemicals leaching from the plastic that is utilized for most water containers. Not to mention constantly buying water is down right expensive.
And what I have not mentioned falls in line with the need to have an emergency water purification system.
It seems we are opening up to a brave new world, with disasters of catastrophic proportions which one could not have imagined: Japan, Christ Church New Zealand, Haiti, Hurricane Katrina and Indonesia. This does not include the seasonal hurricane and tornado , as well as flooding and other catastrophe’s in the US either.
It is not uncommon to lose power for days on end, and when that happens water out of the faucet is usually contaminated and unless you have a back up generator, you are not running your water purifiers.
That is why I love Berkey.
A Berkey water system runs without the need for power, it uses a filtration process and nature provided gravity, it truly is amazing.
A Berkey will filter anything, grab the pathogenic ridden water out of a stagnate lake if need be-Berekey will filter it to a clean, tasty, mineral rich water source.
Other benefits of why I, as a pharmacist, clinical nutritionist who is passionate about mine and my families health relies on Berkey:
* HEALTHY – Berkey® systems are far superior to other filtration systems because they remove viruses, harmful pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites as well as unhealthy chemical contaminates and impurities while leaving in the essential minerals your body needs. Berkey® systems produce virtually the most healthful, clean and delicious water available.
* CONVENIENT – Berkey® systems assemble in minutes without tools, electricity, water pressure, or plumbing. What’s more, they are simple to operate and maintain.
* ECONOMICAL – Berkey® systems are easily the most economical water purification system you can own. Their unique design allows you to easily remove and clean the purification elements over and over again.
* POWERFUL – Berkey® systems can easily purify ordinary tap water, yet are so powerful, they efficiently purify raw, untreated water from such sources as remote lakes and streams. What’s more, Berkey® systems are the ideal water purification systems to have on hand in the event of natural disasters such as blackouts, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes as well as local or national emergencies when treated tap water may not be available.
* FLEXIBLE – Berkey® systems are so convenient and easy to use, you can take them anywhere: on vacations, hunting and camping trips, college dorms and they are ideal systems for RVs and pleasure craft.
* ELEGANT – The elegant high-grade polished 304 stainless steel design makes Berkey® systems an attractive addition to any kitchen or home yet each system is both rugged and durable.
* PROVEN HISTORY – The same high quality and effectiveness of the gravity filtration process, that is utilized in Berkey® systems, has stood the test of time. Gravity filtration has been used by relief organizations such as UNICEF, the Peace Corps, Red Cross Societies Internationally, missionaries and relief workers in over 140 countries throughout the world.
Berkey® Really is the Ultimate in Water Purification
Take a look around our website, Welcome to Berkey! The website is set up for easy ordering and some great bonuses right now, or feel free to call me, 269-830-4362.